The Monroe Labor History Museum has prepared a four-day unit for possible use during Michigan Week, which is held annually during the third full week of May. These lessons are based on the 4th Grade Social Studies Expectations adopted in 2007 by the Michigan State Board of Education, and are available on the web.
- What happened?
- When did it happen?
- Who was involved?
- How and why did it happen?
- How does it relate to other events or issues in the past, in the present, or in the future?
- What is its significance?
Proposed Michigan Week Curriculum
- What brought their families to Monroe County and when did they come?
- What kind of jobs did they have and when?
- Do these types of jobs still exist?
- Did these workers belong to unions? If so, which ones?